Top 5 Attractions Coming to Orlando in 2017
Orlando is the Family Vacation Capital of the World and the New Year promises lots of new attractions, experiences and memories your loved ones will cherish for years
Every year, Orlando welcomes millions of tourists who flock to our theme parks, entertainment hotspots and shopping malls. After all, everything in Central Florida revolves around the tourism and hospitality industry—and we love being a part of it.
So what’s expected to change in the New Year 2017? Here are the Top 5 New Attractions coming to Orlando over the next twelve months:
1. Bye-bye Wet’n Wild… Hello Volcano Bay: The iconic “original” water park on International Drive is closing its doors on December 31st, 2016, as Universal Studios’ Volcano Bay continues to build its “replacement” water park. We will continue to report updates as they come in 2017.
2. Pandora—The World of Avatar: We are anxiously awaiting the grand opening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom extension based on James Cameron’s movie. Rumor has it that the new “land” will be opening sometime during Summer 2017… Fingers crossed!
3. Andretti Indoor Karting & Games: Mario Andretti is a legend of the motor racing world and Orlando will be next location for this thrill park which will feature a double-deck track and lots of other adrenaline-pumping attractions.
4. Disney Springs (Continued Expansion): The former Downtown Disney continues to undergo a major revamping as new sections of this expansive refresh continue to be unveiled. Expect many more unique shops, dining venues and street performances.
5. Circo Italian Restaurant: A new concept in upscale dining with Italian flair is coming to International Drive and it will be the tallest restaurant in this tourist strips at 120 feet high. The restaurant will feature a retractable roof and many more surprises once it opens in mid-2017.
Vista Cay Resort by Millenium is ready for your visit to Orlando in 2017. Start planning your vacation now and book early to get the best price and ensure availability during your vacation dates. And be sure to keep reading our blog in the New Year so we can keep you updated with the latest and greatest developments in our city.