Orlando Hot Spot: Restaurant Row on Sand Lake Road
If you are looking for a great dining experience with plenty of choice to pick from—then head over to Sand Lake Road’s Restaurant Row
When visiting Orlando, International Drive has plenty of places to pick from to enjoy a great lunch. However, when the sun goes down and the street lights come on, the best place to have drinks and dinner is a mile-long stretch adjacent to I-Drive known as Restaurant Row on Sand Lake Road. This “district” of Central Florida started out with a few restaurants a decade ago and since then it has grown into a culinary destination for both tourists and business travelers.
Sand Lake Road is familiar to anyone who visits Orlando on a shopping spree since heading East on this road takes you to The Florida Mall and Orlando International Airport. But when you head West, you will find over two dozen restaurants to satisfy the most discerning palate. Here are our Top Five picks on Restaurant Row—in no particular order:
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine – A top pick for business travelers celebrating new opportunities, it also has great ambiance for good conversation
- Rocco’s Tacos & Tequila Bar – Our top pick for great food, awesome tequilas and nightlife entertainment—especially when proprietor Rocco is in “da house”
- Slate Wood Grilled Cuisine – This restaurant is one of the best-kept secrets in Orlando and its menu is filled with tasty organic selections
- Vines Grille & Wine Bar – Without question, a top pick for celebrating a birthday or anniversary plus a great selection of wines to pick from
- Roy's Pacific Rim Cuisine – Enjoy Hawaiian-inspired seasonal menu items such as fish or steak, along with exquisite gourmet sides
Now, if you want to cap off your evening with a truly unique experience you can't miss a visit to Corona Cigar Co. on Sand Lake Road. While it may not be for everyone, this tobacco store and lounge has the largest selection of cigars in the U.S. and a full liquor bar featuring whiskeys, bourbons and plenty of exotic spirits.
Whether you are visiting Orlando for a convention, trade show or a family vacation—Sand Lake Restaurant Row offers something for everyone. And of course, Vista Cay Resort by Millennium is located a short drive (or an Uber ride) from Restaurant Row. Best of all, you don’t have to go far so you can come back and get a good night’s sleep after a fun night out with friends, coworkers or family. See you soon and eat a light lunch so you can enjoy everything that Sand Lake Road’s Restaurant Row has to offer!