- Created: Monday, 23 February 2015 19:00
Come to Florida this spring and enjoy The Fun Spot's Freedom Flyer
Central Florida is blessed to not have to shovel anything other than sand in the beach during our not-so-cold end of the winter season
For the past few months all you hear about in the news is the winter storms and nor'easters that keep range aging through the northern states. However, that tends to overshadow the fact that Florida has had only a few "cold" days where the temperature dips to the 40s for a couple of nights before getting back to day temperatures in the 80s. In fact, as this is being written there are people sunbathing at our very own Vista Cay Resort by Millenium.
We are often asked about what to do in Orlando during the spring and we couldn't think of a better attraction than the Freedom Flyer roller coaster at The Fun Spot. While it opened in 2014, the Freedom Flyer has not received the same amount of publicity as the larger theme parks, but this is one is an attraction you cannot miss on your next trip to Orlando.
At Vista Cay Resort by Millenium we are super excited to see the spring quickly approaching with the ever-pleasant soft breezes that just makes us want to go out to a theme park. So before we forget, all you frozen Northeasterners and Midwesterners pay attention since here are some things to keep in mind when coming to Florida over the next few months:
- Orlando’s daytime temperatures for March, April and May stay within plus or minus 5 degrees from 80ºF, making it some of the nicest weather Central Florida enjoys
- Showers are sporadic during this time of the year, which helps you make the most of your day without having to buy a poncho or pull out your umbrella
- The lines at the theme parks are still relatively short since school is in session and that also means you can see more of a park in one single day
- Even in the spring, you could dehydrate from being outside too long since Florida gets a fair share of sunshine, even on cloudy days—so be sure to drink water often when you visit
Spring time in Orlando awaits as we shake off the winter for a warmer and more enjoyable season. Also, don't forget to add to your list of places to go the new Freedom Flyer roller coaster at The Fun Spot on International Drive. This new off-the-beaten-path attraction at the popular Fun Spot is a shiny yellow and blue tubular roller coaster designed for the enjoyment of people of all ages.
And the next time you plan to come to Orlando during the spring, please be sure to consider Vista Cay Resort by Millenium. We offer you exceptional rates and world-class accommodations near all of the theme parks and entertainment districts in Central Florida. And remember to bring your sunscreen because our sun is hot!