- Created: Monday, 22 August 2016 00:25
5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Orlando in the Fall
Central Florida is not known for falling leaves or growing pumpkins, but we sure do know how to make the most out of the Fall season
Orlando is often associated as the perfect place to visit in the summer—and with good reason, since our city welcomes thousands of families who choose to spend their vacations with us. However, there are many reasons why you should consider coming to Orlando in the Fall, but we’ve picked the Top 5 reasons why you should be planning to visit us during this amazing season. And so, here they are:
1. Back to School – We love families on vacation, but we also know that while children are out of school, Orlando can become crowded during peak periods during our High Season. In the Fall, you may enjoy Orlando without having to fight for a parking spot at the theme parks or at local restaurants. And even if you haven’t rented or driven a car, you are likely to wait longer to be seated at area restaurants.
2. Park Lines are Shorter – Theme parks are the main reason why people come to Orlando during the summer, which often translates into 2-3 hour long lines (in the hot sun) before you can ride an attraction. In the Fall, Orlando is less crowded and you can see an entire park in one day if you arrive early in the morning and stay until it closes.
3. Temperatures Cool Down – Orlando is not known for chilly weather, except for a few days in our “winter” but after the scorching heat of the summer, we welcome slightly-less hot days in the Fall. During the early Fall you can expect temperatures in the mid-80s, but as you get closer to Thanksgiving Day it is possible to dip down to the mid-70s during the day and 60s at night. And believe us when we say this makes a big difference when visiting theme parks.
4. Magical Dining Month – This Fall event happens in the month of September, when fine restaurants throughout Orlando’s tourist district of International Drive and Lake Buena Vista offer exceptional three-course menus for about $33 per person. That alone makes the early Fall a time to enjoy some of our best restaurants without breaking the piggy-bank.
5. Halloween Horror Nights – This annual event draws thousands of visitors every week during the month of October at Universal Studios Florida. It has no other purpose than to scare the living daylights out of those who dare to stroll through the event’s haunted mazes, scare zones and freaky characters around every corner. Keep in mind that Halloween Horror Nights is not for the faint of heart nor for children and requires a special ticket to access it.
And while there isn’t a 6th reason in this blog post, you bet it could be visiting Vista Cay Resort by Millenium. Our exceptional location in the heart of Orlando’s tourist district of International Drive gives you quick access to all the theme parks, attractions, restaurants, and much more. So don’t delay and book your stay with us soon!